i'm joining the
vintage black friday
blog party
this week
over at the


try not to look at the mess behind/beside/around
this lovely black piece i am going to show you


this great little table,
which we use at our front door is actually

wait for it.....

a
sewing machine !

**


cute little drawer on the side
never saw one quite like this before


the other side has a little button that you push



and voila
it pops up a section of the wood and reveals
the machine !



it's an old singer
and i've actually never even tried it to
see if it works...



probably does !
those old workhorses last forever



i just think it's a great table...
and serves a purpose in our home...
we toss our keys and mail on it
**
purchased for $3....yes $3 at a house sale.......
not too shabby !

***

5 comments:

  1. I like it! I'm not sure I've seen too many black sewing machine cabinets. Good buy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom still has, and uses, a Singer she bought before she was married in 1953. It's what I learned to sew on. Yours looks even older and I've never seen one with the door on the side like that either. Not too shabby is right,
    Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three bucks?! Great score! I never would've guessed it was a sewing machine, and I'll bet it still works. Imagine the wardrobes that thing put out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when you find something you love and you get a bargain too. Lucky you. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh, Love your SInger. I have been wanting one for some time now. Lucky Girl!
    ~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

    ReplyDelete

we always appreciate your voice........

Featured Post

The Finishing Touch

I got my love of creating years ago, when I was just a kiddo.  My gramma knitted. I found it so fascinating that she created something .. ...

Popular Posts